This weekend, I decided to sit down and make Sweetpeazier a couple of new dresses for summer. She would rather wear a dress than shorts. The pattern came from the book "One Yard Wonder". I love this book. The dress 2-3 hours to make depending on how many times I had to stop and restart again.
This dress is made from some material that I had. It was just under a yard.
This was a fitted sheet that one of my friends gave to me. I was able to make her daughter and mine matching dresses. I tried to make pants for my daughter and son but I messed those up.
Friday, May 14, 2010
Almost two years ago, one of my cousins had a little girl and recently had another little girl in March. I made the girls matching skirts. The skirts are made from a baby bed skirt. I used the seams that were already there for the hem and split in the back. The bloomers are made from the center section of the bed skirt. I used a small section of the bed skirt to make an A and C to embroidered on the bloomers and to make the matching shoes for the baby.