Saturday, March 13, 2010

Babies!!!!

Last year, my Dad's side of the family was very blessed with a handsome set of twin boys and a beautiful little girl. I looked on the Internet for some cute ideas and found at MarthaStewart.com two different pairs of shoes, a kimono pattern, a bib pattern, and a simple hat pattern. Here are my creations...

For the boys... Their Dad (my cousin) played baseball from grade school, through college, and semi pro. I had some vintage material, that I inherited from my late grandmother, that resembles baseball pants. Their Mom graduate from University of AL and is a HUGE fan. I also made a set of hats and hand-sewn two sets of booties for each little boy. Here is what I sent.

I altered the pattern for more of a "boy look".

The bibs are reversible, one side is denim with the Letter A in crimson and the other side is a baseball diamond the the first letter of the baby's name.

I changed the buttons to a baseball bat, glove, and ball instead of teddy bears.




For the little girl, both parents are bike riders. I made the same thing for her but instead of boots, I made cute little slippers.


I hand embroidered a bike on one side and the other side of the bib matches the kimono.

I hand embroidered the letter H on one side and the other side of the bib matches the kimono.

No comments:

Post a Comment