Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Quilted Coat

I have been VERY lucky to married into a wonderful family, one of which is an AMAZING aunt. I truly love this woman. Many years ago, she had her own sewing business. Now I am lucky enough to receive some amazing pieces from her.

In August, I received a box via my MIL from Aunt L. It is like Christmas for me because I never know what will be in the box. There was a quilt that I had already been cut but had enough left over for a jacket for Sweetpeaizer.

I used pattern Simplicity 9511 which is a dress, pinafore, shirt and pant pattern from the 80's. I simply used the short dress pattern, cut the back on the fold and made the front into two pieces. I made French seams and added bias tape to all the edges. I am having a friend add two button holes (because I don't like doing them). The buttons are an antique pearly white 1 1/2 inches. I will post another picture when buttons are added.


I will have to do another post with pictures of things I have made from Aunt L.

No comments:

Post a Comment